Taste these delicious roasted broccoli covered with cheese sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds of broccoli, cut into small pieces.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tbsp non-hydrogenated margarine.
- 2 tbsp sweet rice flour.
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp of mustard.
- 1/2 tsp chili powder.
- 1/8 tsp turmeric.
- 1/4 tsp salt (or a little more).
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast.
- 1-1/2 cups of coconut milk, unsweetened.
In a large bowl, put in the chopped pieces of broccoli, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and start with easy stir. Then place the broccoli on a large sheet tray and cook in preheated oven to 450 degrees for about 15 minutes until they become tender and its florets, lightly browned.
You can prepare the sauce while the broccoli is cooking in the oven.
In a small pot, melt the margarine first, then pour in the flour, the garlic powder, the mustard, and the chili powder. Cook for 1 minute and then whisk in the unsweetened coconut milk and stir constantly until thickened. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the cooked broccoli.